Thursday, March 3, 2011

Uni-ball Signo DX Emerald Green Gel Ink Pen


I've used Uni-ball Signos in the past and liked them, favoring the 0.5mm tip more than any other. But when I saw this Signo at Kinokuniya I had to pick one up even though it's a 0.38mm tip, because of the distinctive emerald green color of the pen and the ink.

The color, which is found on the cap and plastic end "jewel" as well as the rubber grip, is beautiful. I have very few green pens, and only one fountain pen ink in green, and they are more in the grass-leaf-pine tree category of a darker, truer green. This emerald green has just a touch more yellow to it, giving it a refreshingly bright tone.

As with the rest of the Signo line, this pen is a joy to write with as the ink doesn't skip or smear. The line is a tad thinner than I would like, but if I want the color I'll have to take what I can get. Interestingly, JetPens only stocks this color in the 0.28mm size. But if you like bright green ink and a thinner line, you'll definitely want to try one of these.

2 comments:

  1. jstationery.com has this pen in the 0.5 size, so if your heart is really set on the larger size...
    (I'm in no way connected to jstationery, but they do have a nice selection and I've ordered from them a few times)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this color and love it. I think my favorite DX color is Mandarin Orange.

    ReplyDelete