Friday, January 8, 2010

Uncommon Goods--Yes, They Are

The website Uncommon Goods carries some really unique items, but one that got may attention was the journal made out of horse manure.

Here's the scoop: This attractive journal and note paper box are actually made out of horse poop! That's right, eco-friendly and innovative, this journal and note paper box are 100% recycled, odorless and, dare we say, quite lovely for a piece of a poo. Choose from a reusable note box filled 70 slips of paper or this 20 page journal. Click here to read about how they turn poo into paper. Handmade in Thailand. Journal and Note Box sold

Handmade? I'm not sure I really wanted to know that detail, but it's definitely...well, something. There are also journals and notepapers made from cow and elephant dung, and for those looking for a little something to brighten the room there are paper roses made from elephant manure.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I was just talking about elephant poo paper the other day. I got some recently from OfficeMax which was having a closeout on the 8 1/2x11 stuff Terracycle makes. If you live near one there could still be some left.

    Two other sources are www.mrelliepooh.com and www.poopoopaper.com. I included those also due to how funny the urls are. :)

    Oh, I find it fountain pen friendly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a review at your place? Thanks for the sources, btw. For once I'm thinking I have enough journals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elephant Poo paper TAO mentioned is lovely. I received a letter from a friend written on it, hard to believe what it is made from and TAO is right - it's definitely fountain pen friendly.

    ReplyDelete