Friday, December 11, 2009

Iroshizuku Ink Update


I stopped by a Pen Show this past Saturday to check out a few items and got to talking with the Pilot representative. I mentioned that I bought Iroshizuku ink through JetPens, and he commented that they wouldn't be selling the ink for long.

Seems that the Iroshizuku inks--all 17 colors--will be coming to the US, and will retail through whoever wants them (Art Brown, Fountain Pen Hosptial, etc). The retail price will be $35; that's a problem because JetPens sells them for a much lower price. The upshot is that JetPens will be phased out of carrying the Iroshizuku ink, but I didn't find out what the time frame is.

I'd better get a few bottles of colors I've been meaning to buy but haven't yet. On the other hand, it will be nice to actually see the ink in person.

8 comments:

  1. The $35 price tag is steep. Much cheaper in Tokyo, but then it isn't an imported ink here. While you can get it at a lower price, get yourself a bottle of the Ajisai and also the Tsutsuji. Got a feeling you'll enjoy those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on this. That will be a pretty steep price for the ink. Time to see what I might need from Jetpens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That price is a deal breaker for me. No more Iroshizuku for this Inkophile. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that price isn't something I'm going to pay either. The eBay seller who has the ink for $15 and shipping of $16 will be cheaper! I'm going to look at a few of the inks, such as Bleets suggested, and probably do a massive order just after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have a yama-budo review coming up on my blog. Hope you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Woodworker! Can't wait to see your review, your pictures are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete