Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Essentials


I don't go anywhere without my Kindle DX, the larger Kindle with the 9" screen. I subscribe to two daily newspapers (the Financial Times and International Herald Tribune) and one monthly magazine (Asimov's Science Fiction). In addition, I have lots of books I can read on demand, heaven if you're a reader. And I can scan a book into a pdf file and download it to my Kindle, so I can also read books that aren't available as an ebook on Amazon.com if I don't mind spending a half hour at my little scanner.

That's to the right in the above pic. To the left are my supplies for taking notes on several books I'm reading right now. In the front is an Orange Field Notes memo book (general notes), followed by an Apica notebook in the middle (for notes on The Core Balance Diet), and a Rhodia orange journal at the back (for notes on The Anastazi Method). The Kindle is set up to take notes, but they are all lumped together in one folder, and I don't like skimming through 20 pages to find something. So I deal with it the old-fashioned way: I take notes. Right now I'm using a Muji gel pen 0.38mm black ink, a Pilot Hi-Tec-C .05mm in the Bengara color, and a Sakura Pigmo .05mm with purple ink. And if I don't feel like reading or writing, I can use the Kindle to surf the internet--high-tech, low-tech, no-tech all in one pink pebbled leather case!

No comments:

Post a Comment