Thursday, February 24, 2011

Uni-ball Jetstream Ballpoint Pen


I liked the looks of this Uni-ball Jestream Ballpoint pen and thought I'd try one out, the 0.7mm Basic series with blue color accents and ink.

This is one of the nicest-writing ballpoints I've ever used, the ink seems more like a gel than an oil-based ink. And the 0.7mm line seems more like 0.5mm, not as wide as I thought it would be but just the right width for me. I just learned that oil-based inks give a finer line, and this one does.

This ink is also in the "fraud proof" line, as the ink bonds with the paper so as not to be susceptible to a chemical wash that could create a blank check with a good signature. Nice to know I'm protected, even though I bank online and write on check a year.

This little black pen is a great accessory, with a slightly cinched glossy plastic barrel and a matte rubber grip that complement rather than clash. The clip is sleekly rounded, which I love, and the accent colors break up the sameness of the black.



Something I hadn't noticed is that the middle of the barrel is actually opaque. But as it is tinted black, it can't be to check on the ink level in the refill as you can't see it. Put the barrel up to a light and you'll be able to look through it, but I have no idea why unless it's just an interesting design feature meant to baffle and amuse.

All in all a great pen, order a few in different colors if you're rounding out a JetPens order.

3 comments:

  1. I love Jetstreams so much. I have dozens. >_< lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simplicity and sleekness of the barrel is what drove me to try the Jetstream for the first time. I like how the middle of the barrel is opaque because it's pretty fun to see how much ink you have left. I also love how well it writes!

    I didn't know that oil-based inks had wrote a finer line - I was wondering why the line my Jetstream put down wasn't as thick as my other 0.7mm tip pens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jetstream here in Australia doesn't have the snazzy blue colour accents, although mine is a black ink. Still comfortable and writes well.

    Very similar styling to this Jetstream is the Gel ink Uni-ball Signo 207 Color 0.7mm Pen in Black, Blue, Red, Green, Violet, Light Blue, Pink and Orange inks. The clip & grip being slightly different.

    ReplyDelete