Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blue Uni-ball Vision and Orange Zebra Sarasa

I was looking at pens at the stationery store and decided to try a Uni-ball Vision and a Zebra Sarasa. There were some standard blacks, blues, and red, and then I found the wild colors section and picked up one in neon blue and another in orange. The Uni-ball Vision fine point is a smooth gliding pen, I loved the way it felt in my hand--great balance and very light. The neon blue color is lovely, reminds me a bit of a J. Herbin's Bleu Pervenche in a rollerball. The line is a bit wide for a fine point, but that's a minor point. It's a great pen, and is added to the line up.

Then there's the orange Zebra Sarasa retractable 0.7mm medium point gel ink pen. The pen has a soft rubber grip, stylish design, and orange ink is edgy but not too far out. But for some reason I just couldn't bond with this pen. The Sarasa just didn't feel like writing on this Doane paper, and after awhile I felt like I had a death grip on the barrel I was holding it so tight. The color is refreshing, but the pen is going back into the box to wait for a second chance and a change of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment