Thursday, September 3, 2009

There's Something About 6th Avenue

I was running an errand late morning across town on 14th Street when I went to get off the bus at 6th Avenue. I looked out the door windows and couldn't believe what I was seeing--about a half dozen police in SWAT/Terrorist mode, cradling what looked like Tec 9s. And that was it, just these guys, one patrol car, and nothing else.

Really strange even for New York, and so I think there must be some kind of void at 6th Avenue and 14th Street. This is just the place where I spotted the Cat on the Head, and now these guys. No one could figure out what they were doing in front of an empty store for rent. I took the pics and then skedaddled, 'cause it was obvious they didn't like people taking snapshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment