Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Inks I Have Known

These are all of my bottled inks, swatched on a sheet of 80 g/m Rhodia lined paper. My favorites to use are the two workhorses, Noodler's Legal Blue (which has an antique look and feel to me of slightly faded blue) and the Iroshizuku Syo-Ro (pine tree dew, a deep turquoise). But I love them all, really.

Private Reserve's Black Magic Blue is very intense, and I feel the black in it more than see it. J. Herbin's Bleu Nuit is very denim-y, softer than the Private Reserve but definitely not as green as the Legal Blue. The Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun, a grayish-blue, is more gray than I thought when compared to the blues. Poussiere de Lune is a beautiful purple, not deep or bright but muted. Diabolo Menthe and Bouquet D'Antan are beautiful and delicate. And then there's Perle Noir, a good black for every occasion, and Noodler's Boston Brahmin Black, a special edition ink that seems more muted than the Perle Noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment