Friday, September 25, 2009

Sakura Pigma Micron 05 Pen

These were something different I found at a favorite stationery shop on 8th Avenue and 13th Street (Typewriters 'n Things) in New York City, the Sakura Pigma Micron 05 pen. According to their web site, Sakura "invented and patented PIGMA® ink over twenty-five years ago. A formulation of pigment based inks, more complex and stable than dye based inks, PIGMA® ink has become the standard for what is defined as reliable, permanent, archival quality ink." Quite impressive, and all for about $2.49 plus tax.

I bought two of the 05 pens, which are waterproof, fade proof, and have a 0.45mm line width and fine point. The colors I chose were purple and blue-black, although I do remember orange, brown, pink, and green among the color choices. The barrel is khaki, with a silver clip and is lightweight yet solid-looking. The fine point is fluid across the paper, no scratchiness to speak of and an overall nice writing experience. I don't know that I've seen the Sakura brand before, but this shop has a lot of unusual items among the regular things and this was a great find.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried the Micron 03, which has a 0.35mm line width and I like it a lot. I use these pens primarily for sketching in my journal. Sakura also has a brush pen, which I really like as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I just saw a display of these at an art store and plan to get a few more. Didn't know about the brush pen, will have to check for that.

    ReplyDelete