Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto Multi Pen

While at Kinokuniya I saw a display for the Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto Multi Pen, with a choice of pink, blue, or clear body and ink refills in all four sizes (0.25, 0.3, 0.4 and 0.5) and 8 or 9different colors. I decided to go for it and get one. I've never liked multi pens (for some reason, I just find them basically ugly), but thought I'd check one out after reading some reviews at The Pen Addict and OfficeSupplyGeek. I chose a clear barrel and three 0.5mm inks: orange, dark blue, and dark pink. Total cost with tax was about $9.00, which is expensive for one pen but not for three.

The pen is easy to load: the white top flips up and the cartridges slide into place. The hardest part was deciding which ink should go where: left, right, or middle cartridge. I like this pink very much, it's a hot dark pink that's easy to read. The orange is quite different from what I usually write with, and the blue is vibrant and not your usual blah blue.


One feature I like on this pen is at the tip of the barrel where there are some frosted squiggly lines--these are actually strips of rubber, which make the pen easier to grip. Someone put a lot of thought into this design, and it's stylishly simple. I think next time I'm back at Kinokuniya I'll get a blue or pink barrel and a few more inks.

2 comments:

  1. The only negative thing about these is that the ink run out so fast!
    Also, the strips of rubber start to peel at the edges after some consistent use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these pens and have been using them for the past few years. they're great!

    ReplyDelete