Saturday, September 12, 2009

Black Widow in an Eyedropper

Years ago when my aunt and uncle lived in Louisiana with their kids, we drove down to spend Christmas with them (quite a hike from Pennsylvania with two kids and one dog, but my parents survived). One thing I will not forget was my aunt reminding my uncle to wear gloves when he went to get wood, because of the black widow spiders. While I never saw one then (or now), I would sometimes think of that black splotch with the red hourglass on its body. So when I found a Noodler's ink named Widowmaker with a picture of a black widow spider on the bottle, I knew it was just a matter of time before I gave in to the temptation.

This is definitely a blood red color, deep and strong with no yellow at all. It flows beautifully from the Preppy fountain pen eyedropper I made. In fact, the ink came out the minute I put nib to paper; sometimes I have to shake the pen a minute or more to get the ink into the nib. I'm using a fine point nib, and this pen and ink feel so great together as they glide across the paper. No feathering, dries quickly, and a stop-you-in-your-tracks color make this a great addition to my ink collection. Can't wait to use this at work.

Any drawbacks at all? Heavy shadow on the reverse side of the Doane Paper and some ink spots as well indicating bleed through, so this isn't a good choice for double-sided writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment