Friday, December 10, 2010

Everflow Orchid Ink


Gate City Pen and Ink Company is an informal partnership between Richard Binder and Jim Baer offering vintage-style fountain pen and inks from days gone by. The Everflo Orchid ink caught my eye at Goulet Pens, an interesting color reminiscent of Waterman's purple ink.

Definitely smooth flowing, the ink color is very similar to J. Herbin's Violet Pensee--a purple that is touch on the blue side but not too much. Not the fastest drying ink and not waterproof either, it's a nice, clear color with a hint of shading to it.

The above had to be one of the hardest pictures to take and I'm still not happy with the ink color (haven't done any retouching at all). The ink itself looks more purple on the page, while this pic makes it look too blue. But then I look at it on the paper and it does seem more blue and less purple. Frustrating!

2 comments:

  1. wow- love the color, but if the drying time is not so good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color! Not really what I was expecting. On the other hand, I already have Herbin VP, so I'll stick with that for now.

    ReplyDelete