Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pelikan Stainless Steel Signum

Saw this over at the Fountain Pen Network, and as it was being offered at a great price and I was in the mood to try another Pelikan pen I decided to chance it. This ultra-slim Signum has a 14ct gold nib and a fine point, but what really amazed me was the flex. At first I thought there was something wrong with the nib as it kept bending and felt like it was loose. Then I realized how much it flexes and I just fell in love with it.

Quite a few of my pens are advertised as semi-flexible nibs, while my Namiki Falcon II is a soft, flexible nib. They are nothing compared to this Signum nib, I've never before realized how much fun a fountain pen could be to write with--nor how hard. I'm using a J. Herbin cartridge with Bleu Myosotis, and seeing a lot of shading in the ink. I'm going to empty to look around for a converter for this pen (which was made around 1980 I think) and check out some other inks for shading, especially the Diamine and Edelstein inks.

I'm using Doane Paper which produced a very nice, smooth link. But I can't wait to try the Signum on some Rhodia and Clairefontaine, especially a Webbie.

1 comment:

  1. do u think that the pelian signum p510 steel is a good pen too?

    It's seems that the F NIB is a medium? Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete