Monday, September 12, 2011

Pantone Honeysuckle Journal



I've enjoyed finding different Pantone stationery and supplies at a few stores, and this caught my eye the other day browsing at Annie's Blue Ribbon General Store (which stocks Field Notes notebooks as well as many other unusual and interesting items): Pantone 18-2120 Honeysuckle journal.


Honeysuckle is the color of the year for 2011, so this journal features the Pantone Honeysuckle color chip wrapping around the front and back covers. The paper is so-so, I haven't tried it yet as I'm waiting for something I really want to keep track of and haven't thought of anything yet.



But when I do use it, I'll have a lot of choices inside this one journal: there are four styles of paper, starting with blank sheets, then grid pattern, lined, and dots.


The top 2/3rds of the sheet is gray, the bottom third is white, and the lines/grids/dots are in yellow-gold. Not easy to see, but a pretty combination. The above pics don't really show the different page styles too well, but it's a really great idea.

The journal is 5 x 7 inches and 192 pages, so it's bigger than a back pocket but can easily fit in a purse or bag. If you're looking for a trendy journal that's got some nice design features, check out Chronicle Books.

5 comments:

  1. How embarrassing. I always thought honeysuckle would be a creamy yellow colour. Atleast now I know.

    Interesting paper, looks like Whitelines paper for the top 2/3. Does it drag a little on FountainPens like which lines does ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. razide, I agree with you as honeysuckle flowers are creamy yellow. I'm not sure where this pinky blue color came from--honeysuckle rose is what I think of when I see this journal.

    I haven't tested the paper yet, but the top would be a darker version of Whitelines. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are pink honeysuckles too. My grandmother had a pink honeysuckle bush, and some of my favorite childhood memories are of sitting next to that bush in the shade reading or playing with my dog.

    The paper in this notebook is intriguing. Must try one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never live in NYC, but I sure do envy your access to all those stationery stores!

    ReplyDelete