Friday, September 16, 2011

Kikkerland Retro Tape Dispenser


One of the items in my Lost Crates shipment was this Kikkerland Retro Tape Dispenser in bright red. Along with a neon green tape roll, this stands out on my gray desktop in an eye-catching way. The colors are Christmas-y, although for some reason I think of the Grinch rather than Saint Nick.


Kikkerland's web site mentions that the dispenser has concrete inside for weight, and an anti slip bottom. Viewed from the side, the rectangular shape and opening remind me of a geometric elephant, where the plastic holding the blade looks like the trunk coming up. The green tape has just enough color to show up against white paper, but not enough to be really noticeable. I could imagine this driving someone crazy, as no one would think that the tape really is green.

Next to a standard tape dispenser this really stands out, partly because of the color but definitely because of the design. I'm really enjoying just looking at this colorful addition to my desttop.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice design. And I agree that it does look like an elephant!

    ReplyDelete