Wednesday, March 14, 2012

De Atramentis Australian Red



Another ink in the 2011 Limited Edition series is Australian Red, which has a softness to it that really appeals to me. The color seems to have a sandy quality to it that I think I would find in a desert area such as the Australian outback.



What really caught my eye was when I compared it to another great De Atramentis ink, one from the Historic Person line--Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle. The colors are very similar, which is great as Australian Red is not a part of their permanent collection but the Conan Doyle--officially named Oriental Red--is always available.

Not a fast drying ink, and not particularly water resistant. If you are interested in a great red, this would be your choice--but if you can't find it, try Conan Doyle for a very close replacement.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a beautiful color!
    Would love to find some yarn this shade!

    Kathy from knit circle (mydogpetey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the softness of this color. It looks cold in the eye. I think this is the new shade of red.

    ReplyDelete