Thursday, September 16, 2010

Diamine Syrah

Came back from Art brown with several new inks, including Diamine's new Syrah. This is a really beautiful burgundy/maroon, with enough blue in it to make it stand out amongst the red colors as different.

All my pens seem to love Diamine ink, and Syrah is no exception. My Pelikan's medium nib got a touch of ink creep, but the pen itself was amazingly wet--absolutely no problem with ink flow on the first letter of a sentence, as I've had with pens using Noodler's.

Syrah shades nicely, giving a very deep color where the ink pools a tad. It dries...eventually, lol. It's not a quick drying ink, and as I couldn't find my Rhodia pad for this I wound up using a regular blank notebook with standard paper. The ink didn't quite bleed through, but that may have more to do with my fanning the page and cursing rather than the paper quality. Definitely a true burgundy and not too red or too blue/purple.

2 comments:

  1. I have little experience with Diamine ink and was not impressed by the sample of Sapphire Blue I got in my recent inkspot samples. On the other hand this Syrah is a beautiful shade. A must have, I think.
    Thanks for the heads up, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This symbol mean "Cho Ku Rei" from ReiKi Usui Shiki Ryoho ;)

    ReplyDelete