Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Moleskine Reading Light


While I don't use reading lights much these days for reading, I do like having one handy in case I need a quick light to see what the cats knocked over.

This Moleskine reading light caught my eye for it's design and the product material, which is some type of polymer that's very flexible and reminds me of Gumby.



The thinness is achieved by making it rechargeable using a USB port, so there's battery pack attached to the light and I don't have to go looking for double or triple As. The light has a blue dot that turns off when recharging is complete, and each recharge lasts for hours. (Is it me, or does the USB connection "tongue" look a like a middle finger?)


The Moleskine reading light works well as a book light, not the brightest I've ever seen but quite usable. If you're a Moleskine person, or into gadgets, then this is something you want to take a look at. I can see keeping this in my bag for lighting emergencies, or for when I'm going some place where a regular flashlight won't do (such as through a Federal security system, where batteries are frowned upon).

28 comments:

  1. I'm somewhat skeptical to this gadget from Moleskine.. Ok, its Moleskine, but a reading light needs to be practical more than nice to look at...Smart though, that you can recharge it!!!
    I *heart* Moleskine, but I'll pass on this one actually...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia, I definitely agree. Had I been thinking straight rather than coming off a birthday-cake-sugar-high, I probably would have passed by it. The USB recharger aspect did get my attention, but the light isn't very strong. That said, it is one cute little gadget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "WANTED - Well-designed key fob light suitable for brief reading (e. g., concert programs), searching for coins under the car seat, etc."

    Well, I came close to a really good pocketable light when I bought a tiny souvenir flashlight in East Liverpool, Ohio. The much-touted and fairly costly aluminum flashlight sold under the Mag-Lite name is a disgrace. I have two: the twist-type switches are unreliable, and the replacement bulbs are costly. Both add to one's pocket litter.

    Someone who comes up with a sturdy key fob with an integral no-bull micro-flashlight will get my consumer buck.

    Thanks for the post, Diane.

    Jack/Youngstown

    ReplyDelete
  4. London Heathrow, Diane, et. al. Try a Rayovac Model BRSLEDKEY-BRA. Shaped like a pared-down zip drive, maybe 10 grams, sold in the States at mass marketer Walmart for $2.00. Intermittent push-switch far superior to the overrated,overpriced, faux-techie Mag-Lite's two-hand operation. Jack/Youngstown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for shearing these gadgets with us..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Moleskine reading light gadget is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful but no suitable to read more than 3 pages ! !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How long did yours take to do the first charge?

    ReplyDelete