Friday, June 10, 2011

Vintage Parker Vacumatic Duofold Blue Pearl Set

One of my finds at the Long Island Pen Show back in March was this vintage Parker Vacumatic Duofold Blue Pearl pen and pencil set in excellent working condition. Richard Binder has a great write up on this Parker pen

While I'm not a pencil person, there was no way I could pass up this set. Made in the second quarter of 1940 (it's marked ".0." on the side of the barrel), this Blue Pearl is one of the nicest Parker fountain pens I've seen.


The plunger is in good working condition, the nib is excellent, there's no brassing--possibly the only thing that needs replacing is the pencil's eraser, which is old and crumbly and unusable.

The pen itself has a fine nib, which I like, and has some flex to it. I'm not quite sure if the nib is original to the pen, although I'd be inclined to say it is. All together, this is one of my favorite pens and it gets a lot of use. For obvious reasons!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm. I just love fountain pens; even though my iPod touch has taken care of my note needs of late.

    And I have terrible handwriting!

    ReplyDelete