Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pilot Hi-Tec-C Cavalier Pen

I love Pilot's Hi-Tec-C gel ink pens, so when I saw this Cavalier at Kinokuniya I decided to add it to my collection. It's a very slim, elegant pen with a metal body, gold accents like the clip and ends, and this is an unusual teal lacquer that looks good.

I wasn't too happy with the 0.4mm needle tip, however. The ink didn't flow very well, the line was way to thin to be readable, and many times the pen just stopped writing. Kind of like the plastic Hi-Tec-C pens, but more expensive. So I went looking for a new refill, and found the Pilot G2 rollerball with a 0.7mm line that looks great. I love the G2 pens, so I've got plenty of refills available for a quick change. If you want something a little more professional-looking in a Hi-Tec-C, this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment