Monday, February 15, 2010

Pilot Prismee Ballpoint


Here's a cute ballpoint from Tokyo Pen Shop, the Pilot Prismee Ballpoint with a 0.7m tip. I loved the beautiful jewel-like colors, and chose a clear blue sapphire to try out. The pen clip pushes down the ink cartridge and there is a side release to retract it.

As far as ballpoints go it's a nice writing pen, definitely looks good, and the colors are pretty. The only drawback is that it cannot be refilled. In the age of recycling, I can't believe Pilot couldn't find a way to make this refillable.

As much as I love the design, I'm not planning on buying a replacement when this one is finished. But that won't be for some time, so I'll enjoy the Prismee while the ink lasts.


2 comments:

  1. i bought the pink one in Tokyo too. actually it can be refilled and the refill is RFJS-GP-F-B from Pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! actually, they can be refilled! ^^ I bought the blue prismee pen at a local Japanese market place and asked about refills, which of course I took the opportunity to purchase one. but any who, these zebra pen refills are compatible with the prismee pens: http://www.jetpens.com/Zebra-K-0.7-Ballpoint-Pen-Refill-0.7-mm-Black/pd/1585 that's the same refill I bought along with my pen. Also, to open the pen you have to push down on the release button so you can gently pull up the clip part of the pen. but be careful because the release button white piece can jump out at you and might get lost as it happened to me trying to figure out how to open it. I hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete