Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sweet 16

Bast's Gift, also known as the Big Boy and the Prince of the Apartment, turns 16 today--80 years old in people years.

I happen to know his exact date of birth and almost the time, as my neighbor saw me in the laundromat on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 1995 and asked me if I'd like a kitten from the litter born the day before sometime in the afternoon. I had just lost my sweet VT, a tabby cat, a few months before and definitely wanted another so he came to stay permanently some weeks later.

The marvelous Mia is making a watercolor of this photo, my favorite shot of his Majestic Catness, and I can't wait to see it.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday kitty! :) My cat is around 18 years old, and I love her to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful post . my business partners several days ago located http://pdf.ac/auRWmc to merge pdf , It's relatively easy to apply and it's low-priced ! I learned that they might have a 30 day promotion now

    ReplyDelete