Friday, December 11, 2009

Iroshizuku Ink Update


I stopped by a Pen Show this past Saturday to check out a few items and got to talking with the Pilot representative. I mentioned that I bought Iroshizuku ink through JetPens, and he commented that they wouldn't be selling the ink for long.

Seems that the Iroshizuku inks--all 17 colors--will be coming to the US, and will retail through whoever wants them (Art Brown, Fountain Pen Hosptial, etc). The retail price will be $35; that's a problem because JetPens sells them for a much lower price. The upshot is that JetPens will be phased out of carrying the Iroshizuku ink, but I didn't find out what the time frame is.

I'd better get a few bottles of colors I've been meaning to buy but haven't yet. On the other hand, it will be nice to actually see the ink in person.

7 comments:

  1. The $35 price tag is steep. Much cheaper in Tokyo, but then it isn't an imported ink here. While you can get it at a lower price, get yourself a bottle of the Ajisai and also the Tsutsuji. Got a feeling you'll enjoy those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on this. That will be a pretty steep price for the ink. Time to see what I might need from Jetpens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That price is a deal breaker for me. No more Iroshizuku for this Inkophile. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that price isn't something I'm going to pay either. The eBay seller who has the ink for $15 and shipping of $16 will be cheaper! I'm going to look at a few of the inks, such as Bleets suggested, and probably do a massive order just after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have a yama-budo review coming up on my blog. Hope you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Woodworker! Can't wait to see your review, your pictures are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete